The essential vitamins such as A and C that are found in vegetables are lost in the processing of these chips, so they don't offer much in the way of nutrition. Most of these chips are high in fat, calories and sodium. An ounce of veggie chips has 150 calories — the same as potato chips!
How in the world did 1200 calories get stuck in my head? I have been fighting my body for years! Check out this article.... if you are interested in learning more of what I have discovered, click above on Contact Me and we can chat.
5 Benefits of Exercise
Little recap and my thoughts after reading this article.
1. Helps w/ depression and anxiety - come to think of it, I havent had a bout of depression since I started exercising. I have dealt with depression on a very regular basis for most of my adult life and especially in the last 1.5 years. Wow pretty cool to realize that it's been quite some time since I just wanted to lay in my bed, sink into the mattress and disappear to the world.
2. Helps you poop - YEP THAT IS WHAT I SAID and to be completely honest.... I have some issues in that department for many years. Only constipation is not really an issue for me its the other end of the spectrum. I can honestly say, that since changing my diet, my lifestyle and drinking Shakeology daily, I have not had an IBS episode. And when I tell you it was bad, I am not exaggerating, I am talking ... get that feeling you gotta go and if I didnt get to the bathroom IMMEDIATELY ... yeah well you figure it out. ISSUE NO MORE. Thank God!!
3. Helps you relax and get zzz's - Many of my friends know sleep has been an issue for me in the last two years, I was averaging 3-4 hours of sleep a night. And that sleep was not sound sleep, I pretty much was waking up every hour. Since the changes I have made are CONSISTENT I have been sleeping so much better and I am waking up at an earlier hour than I have ever seen in my life. Ask just about anyone who knows me well... my favorite pass time use to be SLEEP! I could sleep until 11, 12, 1, 2 if someone let me . It is rare that I sleep beyond 730am now. And I am usually awake and thinking about getting up before that.
4. Helps you be more productive - I have more energy now than I ever have in my life. I remember being at a place not so long ago where I would clean the bathroom and have to take a 30 min break before I moved onto the next bathroom or the next task. I zip through chores now without being winded and without taking multiple breaks.
5. Boosts Self Esteem- DUH I think that everyone could agree with that. I think! If not you need to really give this lifestyle thing a chance because
I honestly don't know if it is just me getting older and understanding or paying attention to health issues or if it is a sign of our times and the way that we eat; but I am noticing more and more individuals talking about their struggles with Chron's Disease, IBS, Spastic Colon etc.
I was doing some research for a friend and found some really interesting information that I wanted to share with anyone who is dealing with intestinal issues.
My own experience with bathroom issues has been drastically improved through my new lifestyle as well, so it is not just me hearing it from someone else, this is being reported across the board.
**As with any change in your diet/exercise/lifestyle it is always important to check with your doctor to see if it is right for you.
If you need ingredient information to share with your doctor, please let me know, I would be happy to get that for you.
I have been asked what is the difference between Shakeology and Herbalife.
I have never tried Herbalife so I cannot speak for it at all.
When I don't know I am not afraid to say I don't know. I do know how to do the research though.
I indulge in a Shakeology shake daily and I LOVE IT. And when I say indulge, I mean .... it is a treat that contains everything I need. I actually look forward to my shake and when I don't get to have it I pout like a 2 year old. I have never felt better in my life.
The entire Beachbody program has helped me with so many positive changes in my life that I cannot imagine myself ever going back to anything else.
The reason that I got on here today is that I wanted to share with you that I have done some research.... and I was looking for information that was specifically NOT endorsing one or the other.
Take a look at the link posted below for an article on the HRF (Health Research Funding.org) website on Feb 14, 2015.
I think that will clear up some things for you.
The above article outlines the differences in oats. I for one never realized there was a difference; oats were oats. You know the kind that come in the round cardboard container we all make Indian Drums out of when we were in elementary school.
In my experience which is not huge I will admit I had NO CLUE. Recently I discovered an easy breakfast to make and prepare in advance... 'overnight oats'
Simply- Steel cut Oats - Coconut milk - a little vanilla extract - a squirt of honey and a cup of berries of your choice.
YUMMO- however- I did not realize that STEEL CUT OATS were so chewy. Not in a bad way, just chewy and I would highly suggest either a good tooth brushing or maybe even some floss after eating :)
The great news about this type of oats is that it took forever for me to eat them. I am a grazer... so often what happens is, I open something like this and it takes me a good 1/2 hr to 45 min to finish it. I KID YOU NOT... I opened this container at 10am this morning and it is now 12:10 and I still have about 4 maybe 5 bites left. I am feeling satisfied but not full- and my normal lunch time is typically about 1pm. I will be pushing it to probably 2oclock today.
THIS IS MY KINDA OATS!
This is me and my husband, the LOVE OF MY LIFE. I am so excited for this part of our life together- our children are grown, we are enjoying our grandchildren and re-discovering our relationship.