Little recap and my thoughts after reading this article.
1. Helps w/ depression and anxiety - come to think of it, I havent had a bout of depression since I started exercising. I have dealt with depression on a very regular basis for most of my adult life and especially in the last 1.5 years. Wow pretty cool to realize that it's been quite some time since I just wanted to lay in my bed, sink into the mattress and disappear to the world.
2. Helps you poop - YEP THAT IS WHAT I SAID and to be completely honest.... I have some issues in that department for many years. Only constipation is not really an issue for me its the other end of the spectrum. I can honestly say, that since changing my diet, my lifestyle and drinking Shakeology daily, I have not had an IBS episode. And when I tell you it was bad, I am not exaggerating, I am talking ... get that feeling you gotta go and if I didnt get to the bathroom IMMEDIATELY ... yeah well you figure it out. ISSUE NO MORE. Thank God!!
3. Helps you relax and get zzz's - Many of my friends know sleep has been an issue for me in the last two years, I was averaging 3-4 hours of sleep a night. And that sleep was not sound sleep, I pretty much was waking up every hour. Since the changes I have made are CONSISTENT I have been sleeping so much better and I am waking up at an earlier hour than I have ever seen in my life. Ask just about anyone who knows me well... my favorite pass time use to be SLEEP! I could sleep until 11, 12, 1, 2 if someone let me . It is rare that I sleep beyond 730am now. And I am usually awake and thinking about getting up before that.
4. Helps you be more productive - I have more energy now than I ever have in my life. I remember being at a place not so long ago where I would clean the bathroom and have to take a 30 min break before I moved onto the next bathroom or the next task. I zip through chores now without being winded and without taking multiple breaks.
5. Boosts Self Esteem- DUH I think that everyone could agree with that. I think! If not you need to really give this lifestyle thing a chance because