These nachos made with freshly-baked tortilla chips are going to become a snack you crave—good thing they have only 258 calories per serving!
Serves: 4 servings
- 4 corn tortillas, cut into wedges
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ medium lime
- 1 dash chili powder
- Sea salt (to taste, optional)
- ½ cup cooked pinto beans, warm
- 4 oz cheddar (or jack) cheese, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ medium green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ medium jalapeno, seeds and veins discarded, finely chopped
- ¼ medium avocado, chopped
- 4 fresh cilantro sprigs, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. reduced fat (2%) plain Greek Yogurt
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- Brush both sides of tortillas with oil. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until crisp.
- Squeeze lime over chips. Sprinkle with chili powder and salt (if desired).
- Arrange half of the tortilla chips in a medium baking dish. Layer with half the beans and cheese. Repeat.
- Bake chip mixture for 3 to 4 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Top with tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, avocado, cilantro, and yogurt.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 15 g
Saturated Fat: 7 g
Cholesterol: 30 mg
Sodium: 312 mg
Carbohydrates: 22 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 4 g
Protein: 12 g
½ Grain Carb
Body Beast Portions