Here is a little challenge for you today! If you're not at home set a reminder to do this when you get home- or find a product at work or at the store and scan it. Today's task is called the Three Cabinet Challenge, and here's how it works:
1. Download the Think Dirty App and/or the EWG Healthy Living App. They are both FREE in your app store!
2. Head to three of your cabinets (under your kitchen or bathroom sinks, your shower, and your laundry room are the best places.)
3. Start scanning! You just point the camera at the bar code. It couldn't be easier.
4. Share below about some of your most shocking discoveries after using the app. I’d love for you to share photos of some of the scans.
The higher the number, the more toxic ingredients in the product!!! For comparison, here are some products I found most shocking:
-Suave Dermatologist Tested Advanced Therapy skin lotion: rated 10 toxicity🤢
- Cetaphil: mostly rate 9-10 in toxicity, and are dermatologist recommended
- Aveeno Baby: mostly rate 9-10 in toxicity, and are also dermatologist recommended for babies😡
- Clorox Green Works Cleaner: rates a 9 in toxicity
Why is this a big deal? The toxins in these products can lead to hormone disruption, allergies, developmental and reproductive issues, cancer, and so much more. It's kind of a big deal.
A lot of people think that living a toxin-free lifestyle is expensive, and that's why they haven't made the switch yet. Or maybe people just get so overwhelmed in thinking they have to throw away their entire house!?
Would you believe me if I told you that it's actually often much less expensive to live the way we do? And that you can absolutely take baby steps in ridding your home of toxins? I worked through what I had and replaced with toxic free alternatives as I went. It is a process. I am so glad that I began this process a few months ago, I am still working on cleaning out my toxic products but I have not regretted even one product being gone!